Monday, November 3, 2008

Blog Central, show this unit in service.

Q. "So are you the good cop or the bad cop?"

A. "Good cop and bad cop went home for the day. Now you're stuck with me."

Yeah, I'm a cop. And I'm a cop with an attitude.

Why do I have an attitude? Well maybe it's because I've spent a number of years out there solving the problems of a bunch of whiners who expect me to fix their lives and then hate me when I make the attempt. Or maybe it's because I've busted my ass for an agency that's rewarded me with the back of it's hand every time I've gone out of my way to do the right thing instead of the easy thing.

Hell, maybe I had it when I got here. I don't know. But then I really don't care. My attitude's not my problem. And it's not your problem if you're doing what you're supposed to be doing or if you need help with something that you didn't cause or aggravate. But if you're a criminal or a scofflaw who thinks that you've got something coming because of where you work, how much money you have, who you know, or because of your race, sex or appearance, well then we're probably not going to be pals. But that's fine. I have a job to do, and if you don't like it, feel free to complain. My name and badge number? I've written them down on this ticket for you. Sign here and press hard please. You're making three copies.

1 comment:

MotorCop said...

Holy crap...am I writing two blogs? You and I sound similar...check me out at motorcop.blogspot.com